Over the weekend, I managed a contract some stomach bug that's kept me confined to the house. Usually, my writing time takes a big hit when I'm sick since I tend more toward marathoning K-dramas than getting any work done. This time has been the exception.
I was really under the weather yesterday but I still managed to get my chapter finished to send to my critique group. Today, I managed to put 3,000 words into my manuscript which is a serious amount for me. My daily goal is 1,000 words which I usually make but today, the weather was good and I pounded out another 2,000 while sitting on the swing. This little word burst officially put me over 75,000 words!
I'm half excitement, half fear. I already know there's a LOT of work to be done in edits and I haven't even finished the first draft!
I don't know if I've mentioned before but I'm thinking about turning this book into a two books. I have a lot of info left to put into my manuscript and instead of making it an epic (anything over 110,000 words), I'd like it to be broken up a bit. Of course, edits might make my current rapidly building word count less of a problem.
I also have a third book intended for this little series that is connected to Camelot but has a different heroine and plot altogether. I'm super excited about it and can't wait to write some details about it on this blog.